Monday, September 15, 2008

A Bald Decision


Yup... that's my son... and he's BALD. Waaaaaaaa!

Before he was born, I told myself I would NOT shave him. My niece was shaved when she was 1 month old and her hair didn't grow back till she was 2+! And my conviction was even stronger when I saw how much hair John was born with. How would anyone bear to shave all that lovely hair off?

Then my little one developed cradle cap. It's normal for babies to get it and most of them grow out of it in no time. I was sure John's little crown would not suffer... BUT... when we washed the bits off, it took my darling son's hair with it! After a couple of weeks, he got very sparse on the top and started to look like an old man. :( So James and I took a decision and shaved him.. completely bald. I have to say the bub still looks as cute as ever.. but I'm of the opinion that he still looks better with hair. We've also bought him a couple of really cute hats, which he has yet to grow into... so that bit was fun.

Thankfully, it's already growing back. Praise God for that!

1 comment:

Lea said...

zac has that same onesy only it's for 18MTH-olds. Haha. He's got a nicely shaped head so he won't look too bad when he has to do NS. :)