Sunday, August 01, 2010

Five Years!

On a little trip to Warwick - 2007


J and I celebrated 5 years of marriage on 30th of July. For me it's a major milestone and looking back, we have experienced so much together as a couple in such a short span of time.

If you ask me, I still can't believe it's been 5 years. I feels a lot more like 3. I remember vividly getting ready to walk down the aisle, catching J's glance at the altar and smiling like I'd never smiled before. I remember our first toast as a married couple, our first dance, our first supper of left-over orh-nee and room service Monte Cristo sandwiches. I remember our leaving for the UK, our honeymoon in Paris, our lovely flat in Southampton. I remember our rather long drives in search of good dim sum, our trip to Warwick and Portsmouth and our final holiday to the US before coming back to Singapore.

I remember the day we found out we were pregnant. I remember moving to Fernwood, then to our current home, all while my belly was growing bigger and bigger. I remember panicking when I got contractions the weekend my gynae was away. I remember every minute of the labour process and how J stood by me every step of the way. I remember holding John in my arms for the very first time and how J showered little kisses on the little bundle when no one was looking.

I remember how the first year of parenting was one of the hardest we had to endure as a couple. The sleepless nights and the cluelessness of being a first-time parent all took it's toll on us, but with God's grace and mercy, coupled with J's patience and understanding, it made it much easier to bear.

I remember celebrating John's first birthday and then his second. I remember laughing about all John's milestones and marvelling at how we could have made it that far.

It's been a real whirlwind of a ride and I couldn't have asked for a better man to have started this journey marriage with. J is one of the most patient men I know and he's the even-tempered one of us two. We have come to a real state of knowing each other deeply, yet we know there's a lot more that we can learn. I love how we sometimes think the same things at the same time and that makes decision making a lot easier. Looking back, I can only say God is good and He knows best. And if I could turn back time, I'd do it all over again... :)

Here's to many many more years together!!!!

No comments: