Thursday, June 24, 2010

Poop in the Pot

Today was a good day. For the first time ever, John did a poop in the potty. :)

Just last night I was talking to my friend Chris about not being disciplined myself to potty train the little one and that there's no obvious carrot I can dangle to incentivise him to do the deed in the pot. But what a difference a day makes!

Kudos to James. It was really his effort. Every morning John spends some time with James so I can have a half hour more in bed. Thing is, every morning, James has been asking John to say "poo poo" if he wanted to pass motion. (Side note: I never ever thought I'd hear the words "poo poo" come out of James' mouth - EVER. I guess the hubs has loosened up a little eh. hehe) And today, John actually said "poo poo". So James whipped him off to the pot and voila! - He did it!

I was so excited I got out of bed to see the end "product" and I must say I have never been so happy to see poop in my life! I even took a picture, which I won't post, to mark the milestone!

John is by no means potty trained yet. In fact, he did 2 more poops in the day - in his diaper. But that was because we were out of the house and didn't have any access to a potty. But I'm so glad we're finally on our way to potty training. Yay!!!

No comments: